institutional hold request groups
Institutional Hold Groups
When using Institutional Requests the system applies title requests to a single selected institution.
To set up the system to implement institutional requests set up the CONSORTIAL-HOLD-REQUEST tab100 variable (in ./alephe/tab) to N.
Request Group Definition
A title’s items are grouped into request groups in the following manner:
- A pool of all of the title’s items that belong to a specific institution is created based on items that:
- Have a direct ADM link to the title.
- Are not short loan items.
- Are OPAC viewable (column 10 of tab15.lng).
- Pass the “HL-GRP” and “HL-GRP-PRE” checks of the tab_hold_request table.
- The pool is split up into groups of items that share the following information:
- Item Sublibrary.
Only if the SUB-LIBRARY-DIVISION tab100 variable is set to ‘Y’.
- Item Collection.
Only if the HOLD-REQUEST-COLLECTION tab100 variable is set to ‘Y’.
- Item status (z30_item_status).
Only if the HOLD-REQUEST-ITM-STATUS tab100 variable is set to ‘Y’.
- Item process status (z30_item_process_status).
Only if the HOLD-REQ-PROCESS-STATUS tab100 variable is set to ‘Y’.
- Item volume (z30_enumeration_a)
- Item issue (z30_enumeration_b)
- Item part (z30_enumeration_c)
- Item year (z30_chronological_i)
- Item month (z30_chronological_j)
- Item material type (z30_material)
- Item Sublibrary.
Allowed Pickup Locations
For each such group, a list of allowed pickup locations is listed in the pickup-locations element.
Each pickup-location sub-element is a valid pickup location. The list is created based on tab37 and the list of items that make up the group.
Note that the HOLD-BY-ITEM-GROUP tab100 variable must be set to Y in the ADM library.
Pickup Locations Paging Policy
If a sublibrary that owns items that belong to the group has an available item (item with no loans), then that sublibrary’s tab37 definition will effect the pickup location list in the following manner:
All of the pickup locations that are listed in the tab37 “not available” row but not in the tab37 “available” row will not be included in final the list of pickup locations.
The Main Library (WID) owns items in the group and has an available item (not on loan). The sublibrary’s tab37 setup is:
!!!!!-!!-!!-!!-!-!!!!!-!!!!!-!!!!!-!!!!! WID ## ## ## Y LAW MED WID ## ## ## N LAW MED WID LIT
As a result, the WID and LIT sublibraries will be excluded from the list of possible pickup locations.
Pickup Location List Sorting Method
The patron’s home library will be first in the list.
If the patron does not have a home library and the tab100 variable PICKUP-SORT-BY-ITEM is Y then the item sublibrary will be first in the list.