P2P Resource Sharing
A typical P2P Resource Sharing communication includes the following messages between the borrowing library and the lending library:
- Request - the borrowing library asks the potential lending library for material.
- Answer - the lending library answers that the material was shipped, or that the request cannot be filled.
- Received - the borrowing library notifies the lending library that the material has arrived.
- Returned - the borrowing library notifies the lending library that the material has sent back.
- Check in - the lending library notifies the borrowing library that the material has arrived back. The communication can be closed.
The following diagram illustrates the workflow:
The following protocols are supported for P2P Resource Sharing:
Each protocol implements the above communication with specific messages, including the relevant information.
P2P Resource Sharing with Alma and the following systems is supported:
|VDX||OCLC||Resource Sharing Process (ISO)||Production
|Aleph||ExLibris||Resource Sharing Process (ISO)||Verified
|British Library||British Library||Resource Sharing Process (ARTEmail)||Production
|SLNP Supporting Systems||SISIS/OCLC||Resource Sharing Process (SLNP)||Verified
|ILL SBN||SBN||Resource Sharing Process (ISO)||
|Libraries Australia Document Deliver (LADD)||OCLC||Resource Sharing Process (ISO)||
|Submit Request||A borrowing may be pushed from Alma into the broker system.
Request is directly loaded into the broker system by an online request form
|Locate and Availability||Alma repository, including its inventory status, may be exposed to the broker system
|Fulfillment||The following actions may be done in the broker system and be automatically reflected into Alma:
Borrower Side :
- Look up patron information
- Receive Item
- Send item back to lender
- Mark item as requested
- Send Item to borrower
- Receive item back from borrower
|Resource Sharing Process||Communicate resource sharing workflow actions such as :
- Request (B)
- Ship item (L)
- Receive Item (B)
- Return Item (B)
- Check In Item (L)
- Cancel Request (B)
- Confirm Cancellation (L)
- Request Renewal (B)
- Accept Renewal Request (L)
- Answer - Unfil (L)
- Overdue (L)
- Recall (L)
- Will Supply (L)
## B - initiator of message is Borrower
## L- initiator of message is lender
|Patron File||Patron information is exported to broker using Alma's integration profiles.
|Production||The integration is used by customers in production
|Roadmap||The integration is planned
|Verified||Integration is tested or otherwise verified but not known to be implemented in production
|Being Tested||Integration is actively in the process of being verified
|Not Supported by Vendor||Third party system is known not to support the integration