P2P Resource Sharing
A typical P2P Resource Sharing communication includes the following messages between the borrowing library and the lending library:
- Request – the borrowing library asks the potential lending library for material.
- Answer – the lending library answers that the material was shipped, or that the request cannot be filled.
- Received – the borrowing library notifies the lending library that the material has arrived.
- Returned – the borrowing library notifies the lending library that the material has sent back.
- Check in – the lending library notifies the borrowing library that the material has arrived back. The communication can be closed.
The following protocols are supported for P2P Resource Sharing:
Each protocol implements the above communication with specific messages, including the relevant information.
P2P Resource Sharing with Alma and the following systems is supported:
|VDX||OCLC||Resource Sharing Process (ISO)||Production|
|Aleph||ExLibris||Resource Sharing Process (ISO)||Verified|
|British Library||British Library||Resource Sharing Process (ARTEmail)||Production|
|SLNP Supporting Systems||SISIS/OCLC||Resource Sharing Process (SLNP)||Verified|
|ILL SBN||SBN||Resource Sharing Process (ISO)|
|Libraries Australia Document Deliver (LADD)||OCLC||Resource Sharing Process (ISO)|
|Submit Request||A borrowing may be pushed from Alma into the broker system.|
Request is directly loaded into the broker system by an online request form
|Locate and Availability||Alma repository, including its inventory status, may be exposed to the broker system|
|Fulfillment|| The following actions may be done in the broker system and be automatically reflected into Alma:|
Borrower Side :
|Resource Sharing Process|| Communicate resource sharing workflow actions such as :|
## B – initiator of message is Borrower
|Patron File||Patron information is exported to broker using Alma’s integration profiles.|
|Production||The integration is used by customers in production|
|Roadmap||The integration is planned|
|Verified||Integration is tested or otherwise verified but not known to be implemented in production|
|Being Tested||Integration is actively in the process of being verified|
|Not Supported by Vendor||Third party system is known not to support the integration|