Configure social login with Facebook
The following steps are required in order to allow social login in Alma using Facebook.
Configure Facebook to allow login to Alma
- Create a Facebook account for the library. The account will be used for defining the application on the institution’s behalf.
- Connect to Facebook Developers site with the library’s Facebook account. Register as a developer.
- Create an application for allowing social login – see Defining Facebook App for social login in Alma.
- From the created app, copy the client ID and secret.
Configure and enable social login in Alma
A new “Social Login” integration profile should be defined in general configuration – Integration Profiles. You should define such profile for each social network provider your institution would like to allow logging in with.
- System: select Facebook.
- App ID, App secret: enter the credentials which was supplied by the social network provider (step 4 above).
- Self-registration section: set to Active if your institution allows self registration of patrons from Primo: Alma will create a user for an unregistered user logging into Primo with social authentication. The user will be created with patron role, and the other defaults defined in this section (user group, Resource sharing library and statistical category).