Ex Libris App Center
Alma Inventory Tool
This code will facilitate an inventory of items cataloged in the Alma integrated library system.
- Physical items are handled one at a time and scanned with a barcode scanner
- The user can press a button to indicate if there is a mismatch in the title, volume or call number of the physical item
- A request is sent to the Alma Bib API to retrieve known information for that Barcode
- To avoid cross-origin restrictions, a PHP service is used to call the Alma API and to add the Alma API key
- This service simply appends the api key to the request and returns the json object provided from the Alma API
- Results are displayed in a table with common errors highlighted
- Optionally, the user can upload results of a scanning session to Google sheets
The application is a web application that interacts with the Alma API. A local server is utilized to protect your Alma API key from being visible to the end user. The code repository provides a sample integration of this application using PHP, Node, or Java (Jetty).