Creating sets from MD import job results using Alma API
It is possible to submit jobs using the Alma APIs. It is also possible to retrieve the results of a specific job submission.
As of the Alma December 2016 release, the job instance object for MD Import jobs will also include “action” fields.
<actions> <action link="/almaws/v1/sets?population=MATCHES_FOUND&instance_job_id=16048404370001021"> <type>CREATE_SET</type> <population>MATCHES_FOUND</population> <members>10</members> </action> <action link="/almaws/v1/sets?population=MULTI_MATCHES&instance_job_id=16048404370001021"> <type>CREATE_SET</type> <population>MULTI_MATCHES</population> <members>3</members> </action> </actions>
These actions are parallel to the “Create itemized title set” option in the UI:
For each action, the following data is specified:
- type – for now only CREATE_SET is supported
- population – the titles from MD Import action that will be included in the set. E.g. MULTI_MATCHES.
- Members – the estimated number of members that will be part of the created set.
- Link – the URL for the “create set” action. Note that this action should be performed with POST action.
For example: POST/almaws/v1/sets?population=MATCHES_FOUND&instance_job_id=17001021
The payload could be an empty set tag (</set>). More fields are supported – see below.
Only numbers that have available actions will be included. For example, total number of imported records has an action so it will be part of the “actions” list of the API. Deleted records number appears in the Alma UI report but with no available action, so it will not be part of the “actions” list of the API.
Currently supported is creating a set of Bib records (and not for example a set of PO-Lines).
- Name (default: as generated in UI)
- Description (default: empty)
- Note(default: empty)
- Status (default: active)
- Private (default: no)