How to add a MARC extension pack for German speaking countries
German speaking customers using Marc based profiles have several additional fields, subfields and indicators that are not part of the Marc standard. In order to be able to work with these fields, customers should extend their Marc profile in Alma. An extensions file was provided by BSZ (Bibliotheksservice-Zentrum Baden-Württemberg) to be used by Alma customers.
In order to add an extensions file please perform the following actions:
1. Go to Resource Management > Resource Configuration > Configuration Menu > Cataloging >
2. Press the desired profile link (for example MARC21 Bibliographic)
3. Press the Add Extensions button
4. Select the extensions file attached [MARC21 extensions Germany.xml] (Press right click and download the file)
5. Press Add Extensions button
For a full documentation of Editing MARC-Based Profiles with Extension Packs please refer to the online help.