Moving the Permanent Link to the Top of the Record Display
- DescriptionI have had several people write me and ask how I moved the permanent / persistent link from the bottom of the record display to the top. Here’s how I did it. Effective June 2014 and upon Molloy’s upgrade to Voyager 9, unfortunately I will not be able to illustrate working examples. We now utilize the VuFind overlay, so it will no longer be necessary to maintain this feature in our Classic Catalog. That said, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions and I’ll try help as much as I can!
- Author: Judy Brink-Drescher
- Additional author(s):
- Institution: Molloy College
- Year: 2011
- License: BSD style
- Short description: Use, modification and distribution of the code are permitted provided the copyright notice, list of conditions and disclaimer appear in all related material.
- Link to terms: Detailed license terms
- Skill required for using this code:
Basic: This is more or less a cut and paste operation
Record display shows permanent link centered and at the top of the page
Be sure to have the WebVoyage Architecture manual for your release. Chapter 16 in the manual is entitled: How Do I Build And Display A Persistent Link To A Bibliographic Record? Instructions are attached and map to v7.2x. If you already have configured the persistent link, skip to step 2 of the installation instructions.
1. Follow the installation instructions from Chapter 16. The .pdf is attached as well as a sample local_PersistentLink.xsl.
2. Edit the cl_displayRecord.xsl to move the display from the bottom to the top (sample file attached)
3. Modify CSS for for bolding/hyperlink size if desired.