MARCEdit Integration with Alma.
Note that this document presumes you have a basic understanding of working with APIs.
Also note that you can right click on images and click on "View Image" to see the screenshots clearly.
The author is not a a cataloger. Use of this integration is dependent upon cataloging skills and knowledge of your bibliographic data.
Consult the MarcEdit web site:: http://blog.reeset.net/archives/1950
Before you start you need to know:
- Your Sandbox URL
- Your Sandbox Database
- Your Sandbox Z39.50 port (probably 1921)
You need to work in two areas. First set up the APIs. Next, configure MARCEdit.
You should test that your Z39.50 is working. Yaz can help you do that. For example in Yaz:
Z> open sandbox01-na.alma.exlibrisgroup.com:1921/01MYSCHOOL_INST
In the Developer Network API Dashboard:
- Created a new Application for MARCEdit that uses the Bibs and Users APIs.
- Under API Management for that application, change the Plan to “Sandbox read/write” and Save.
- Copy the API key for the MARCEdit application as you will need it for MARCEdit.
API Key will be a long string that looks something like (below is not a real key):
Test of Bib (plug your own MMS ID and your own API key into this URL <example not a real API key>):
Test of Users (Plug your own API key into this URL <below is not a real API key>):
On the main ILS Integration screen in MARCEDIT (Preferences Icon - note this may not be current version of MARCEdit -- your version may be different!)
Host Name: https://api-na.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com
- This should be the same for all North American customers, regardless of sandbox vs. production.
- https:// is required here.
- As Terry’s instructions indicate, there is no username, and the password is your API key for the MARCEdit application.
These setting work as of 3/4/2017
I suggest you name it “Alma” – Set it up as above. Once this done, Click on Edit under use Z39.50 settings
Create this for your Z39.50 settings and save.
Then go back to main settings and select your setting.
On the Z39.50 Database Properties tab use this URL:
After logging in to our Alma sandbox, I copied this domain from the URL. (Correct for Mines as well)
Login and pw are blank.
I did receive an error the first time I tried to search from the MARC Editor, because my Z39.50 config had been dropped from Settings. I re-entered the config, saved, and the changes remained after that.
Using the integration: In the MARCEDIT EDITOR if you have set this up right you’ll see an Alma option (or whatever you called your integration):
See my Alma option above.
Select Search and do your search
Download all items results.