Alma Analytics – Determining the price for cost per use for a portfolio which has its own POL of type One Time
This relates to the Cost Per Use in Alma Analytics E-Inventory subject area.
Default reports and dashboard in folder “/shared/Alma/Cost per use via COUNTER reports e-inventory and acquisitions data”
Note: This document concludes with an “actual example”
A POL of type One Time has one transaction of type expenditure. However, it is used multiple years.
Unlike POLs of type “Continuous” the “One time” have only one transaction.
Thus, for the purposes of cost per use a method has been devised to get the cost per fiscal year for when the usage is after the fiscal year in which it was purchased.
There are two primary parameters:
- Number of fiscal years = Today minus date of transaction expenditure
- Cost per year = transaction expenditure divided by number of fiscal years
Each year will get the same cost.
The time from transaction date until the beginning of next fiscal year is considered 1 year
We have fiscal periods:
- FY-2017: from July 1 2017 to June 30 2018
- FY-2018: from July 1 2018 to June 30 2019
- FY-2019: from July 1 2019 to June 30 2020
- FY-2020: from July 1 2020 to June 30 2021
- If we are now in a date in FY-2020 and the expenditure was in FY-2017 then the amount of years = 4
- If we are now in a date in FY-2019 and the expenditure was in FY-2017 then the amount of years = 3
If we are now in a date in FY-2020 and the expenditure was in FY-2017 and the amount was 100 EUR then
- Each year cost 25 EUR. (100 EUR divided by 4 years)
If the usage in 2019 was “12” then
- the cost per use for 2019 is 2.08. (25 EUR divided by 12 usage)
- Cost each year = 25 EUR because 100 EUR total price / 4 years = 25 per year
- CPU 2019 = 2.08 because 25 is price for year 2019 and 12 is usage for 2019. 25/12 = 2.08.
Title ” Handbook for working with children and youth” has a POL of type One Time.
- The cost for fiscal year FY-2018 is 18.00
- The cost for fiscal year FY-2019 is 18.00
- The usage for fiscal year FY-2018 is 3
- The usage for fiscal year FY-2019 is 1
- The cost per use for FY-2018 is 18 / 3 = 6
- The cost per use for FY-2019 is 18 / 1 = 18
The reason the cost for each year is 18 is because it was purchased in FY-2013 with an expenditure of 126.00
Now is FY-2019. That is a total of 7 Fiscal Years (FY-2013, FY-2014, FY-2015, FY-2016, FY-2017, FY-2018, FY-2019)
126.00 USD total / 7 fiscal years = 18.00 USD per fiscal year