Alma Analytics – Determining the price for cost per use for a portfolio which is part of a collection which has a POL of type One Time
This relates to the Cost Per Use in Alma Analytics E-Inventory subject area.
Default reports and dashboard in folder “/shared/Alma/Cost per use via COUNTER reports e-inventory and acquisitions data”
Note: This document concludes with an “actual example”
We have fiscal periods:
- FY-2017: from July 1 2017 to June 30 2018
- FY-2018: from July 1 2018 to June 30 2019
- FY-2019: from July 1 2019 to June 30 2020
- FY-2020: from July 1 2020 to June 30 2021
We have a collection of 20 portfolios. There was an expenditure of 100.00 EUR for the collection in FY-2017.
- In FY-2017 each portfolio cost 5 EUR per year.
- (100.00 EUR /20 portfolios ) / 1 fiscal year = 5.00 EUR
- In FY-2018 each portfolio cost 2.50 EUR per year.
- (100.00 EUR /20 portfolios ) / 2 fiscal years = 2.50 EUR
- In FY-2019 each portfolio cost 1.66 EUR per year.
- (100.00 EUR /20 portfolios ) / 3 fiscal years = 1.66 EUR
Every row of the analytics report reflects the calculation of the time it is produced minus X years ago.
Electronic collection “GALE Archives of Human Sexuality & Gender: LGBTQ History and Culture Since 1940, Part I” was purchased via POL-11399 and had a total expenditure of in FY-2018. The Pol is of type “Electronic Collection – One Time”.
There were two funds in the POL.
- The first fund expended 5000.00 USD
- The second fund expended 12,819.00 USD
Total 17,819.00 USD
Expenditure of first fund:
Expenditure of the second fund
Total Expenditure (note below that date Aug. 28, 2017 is part of fiscal year FY-2018 which is July 1 2017 – June 30, 2018):
Total number of portfolios in the collection 1921:
Total price 17819 / total portfolios 1921 = 9.2758 per portfolio
Now we have two fiscal years: FY-2018 and FY-2019
9.2758 / 2 Fiscal Years = 4.64 USD per portfolio per fiscal year