bibliotek.dk as target for SFX with plugin support (using SRU)
- Author: Kasper Løvschall
- Institution: Aalborg Universitetsbibliotek
- Year: 2011
- License: BSD style
- Short description: Use, modification and distribution of the code are permitted provided the copyright notice, list of conditions and disclaimer appear in all related material.
- Skill required for using this code: Intermediate
‘In Development’ but running in production at our library. So you can call it: beta!
The target parser and plugin is written in Perl.
Tested using SFX v4 but should also work in SFX v3.
No electronic holdings available via SFX but the item was located in bibliotek.dk:
Target Parser version 1.0
PlugIn version 1.0
- Version 1.0 / First release to the public.
Notice: This CodeShare page is a work in progress. Help us to improve the code and documentation by giving us feedback. Thanks!
On the SFX server
- Login as sfxlcl41 (or your preferred instance).
- Type “tp” to enter the target parser directory.
- Create a new directory called “AUB” and download the target parser with:
mkdir AUB cd AUB wget "http://www.exlibrisgroup.org/download/attachments/32932362/bibliotekdk.pm"
4. Or put the file bibliotekdk.pm in here manually
5. Go back two directories and enter the PlugIn directory and download the lookup tool:
cd ../../PlugIn wget "http://www.exlibrisgroup.org/download/attachments/32932362/bibliotekdkLookup.pm"
6. Or put the file bibliotekdkLookup.pm in here manually.
From the SFX admin page
1. Open Targets and select the button “Add New Target”.
2. Select the name for the target: AUB_BIBLIOTEKDK
3. Select the Public Name e.g.: bibliotek.dk
4. Select the service: getHolding
5. Feel free to enter the general description: bibliotek.dk is a free service where you can see what has been published in Denmark and the holdings of Danish libraries.
6. Select the character set utf8
7. Click submit
Now we need to add the getHolding to the newly created AUB_BIBLIOTEKDK_LCL target.
1. Select (S) for services for the target AUB_BIBLIOTEKDK_LCL
2. Edit(E) the automatically created getHolding target service (else create it)
3. Disable Object Lookup and mark the target as free
4. Select Parser: AUB::bibliotekdk
5. Set AutoActive as No
6. Add the following (global) Threshold: (($obj->need(‘rft.issn’) || $obj->need(‘rft.eissn’) || $obj->need(‘rft.isbn’)) && $obj->plugIn(‘bibliotekdkLookup’))
7. Click submit
TO DO List
- The plugin and target parser only supports ISSN, eISSN, ISBN and year and could be expanded by other context objects.
- A target displayer could be written in order to display the actual holdings in bibliotek.dk within the SFX menu
The plugin has a timeout of 5 seconds and bibliotek.dk’s web service can be slower than this in it’s response.