Browse Search Bar Integration for MetaLib 4
This script makes it possible for users to add databases searchable via MetaLib to Firefox 2’s or Internet Explorer 7’s search function (makes the database in MetaLib a search engine in the browser) to make them immediately available. The user can enter the search query in the browser’s toolbar, which then initiates a MetaLib session to fetch the actual results. Single databases and quicksets can be searched.
- Download the package and extract it somewhere (tar -xf <filename>).
- Copy opensearch.cgi to m4_x/apache/htdocs/cgi-bin and make it executable (chmod +x opensearch.cgi).
- Copy v-add_searchbar.png to m4_x/[MetaLib:inst]/icon_eng (and other languages if applicable). You can of course substitute a better icon if you have one.
- Modify opensearch.cgi and change the URL settings and service name to match your installation. Check also that perl path is correct in opensearch.cgi (our path is m4_3).
- Modify the files according to the information in opensearch.diff. Might work automatically using patch command, but you can also just add the lines marked with + sign into the specified files (without the + sign).