Convert SFX KB update reports to spreadsheets
This script reads tab-delimited text files and converts them to Excel spreadsheets.
- Author: Rich Wenger
- Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Year: 2012
- License: BSD style
- Short description: Use, modification and distribution of the code are permitted provided the copyright notice, list of conditions and disclaimer appear in all related material.
- Skill required for using this code:
Choose one of the following: basic, intermediate, advanced, expert. Please also add your choice as a tag at the bottom of the page.
Perl module Spreadsheet::WriteExcel;
1. Install Perl packages Spreadsheet::WriteExcel.
2. Download the script
3. If Spreadsheet::WriteExcel is installed in private libraries, uncomment and adjust the ‘use lib’ statement in the script.
4. Syntax is: perl tab2excel –filein=<input tab-delimited file> –fileout=<output spreadsheet file>