Defining an Auth0 app for OpenID Connect authentication with Alma
- Connect to Auth0.
- On the dashboard, click “Applications” and then “Create Application”.
- Fill in the Name field.
- Choose “Regular Web Applications” as the application type.
- An application will be created:
6. Define the “Allowed Callback URLs”: Put the institution’s Alma domain and the institution’s Alma delivery domain, both with “/infra/socialLoginRedirect” suffix. For example: https://uni.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/infra/socialLoginRedirect.
See here for more details about Alma domain names.
7. Copy the “Client ID” and “Client Secret” fields. This information should be defined as part of the integration profile in Alma.
8. Additional required information can be retrieved using GET <Domain>/.well-known/openid-configuration API (Note that the Domain field is defined as part of the Auth0 app).
The returned information looks like the following:
The authorization_endpoint and token_endpoint should be defined as part of the integration profile in Alma as well. See Alma OLH for more details on the integration profile.