Defining Facebook App for social login in campusM
campusM supports login using social network details. See Social Login for more details. Following are instructions for defining a Facebook app to allow login to campusM using Facebook.
Note that in order to define the Facebook app, you need an active Facebook account. This can be a personal account or a “general” account for the institution. We recommend to use a general account.
- Connect to Facebook Developers site with the institution’s Facebook account.
- Click on “My Apps” in the upper right and then “Create App”.
- Fill in the Display Name field. Note that you cannot use “Facebook” in the name:
Click “Create App ID”.
- Now click on “Facebook login” > “Settings” in the left menu
- Define the Redirect URIs
Put the institution’s campusM domain with “/cmauth/oauth/callback” suffix. For example: https://uni.campusm.com/cmauth/oauth/callback.
Note that it is possible to configure here several URIs. This means that you can define here a sandbox URI, and later on add the production URI.
- Make sure that “Use Strict Mode” is on.
- Leave all the other settings as they are and click “Save Changes”.
- On the upper bar, switch mode from “development” to “live”:
- Go back to “Settings”, and copy the App ID and secret. They should be defined in campusM in the “Social Login” integration profile. See campusM OLH for more details.