How to install and use the Print in LIBstick cloud app
- Ex Libris Introduces Cloud Apps Open Framework
- The Ex Libris App Center
- Deploying Cloud Apps
- Announcing the Cloud Apps Open Framework for the Ex Libris Higher-Ed Platform (Video)
- Cloud Apps in Alma (Video)
There are three blogs on the topic of using LIBstick:
- How to install and use the Print in LIBstick app = Describes how to install, configure and use the Cloud App
- Quick guide to using LIBstick to set up a label template and print labels = A very brief overview of how to set up the labels used by LIBstick
- Using LIBstick to print labels in Alma = A detailed analysis for the administrator who sets up the LIBstick account and the designer who defined the label properties.
The cloud apps is “an open framework which allows developers to write apps which run inside Ex Libris higher education products such as Alma, Primo VE backoffice, Esploro, Leganto and Rapido.” (Announcing Ex Libris Cloud Apps)
You can learn more about the Print in LIBstick app at Print in LIBstick cloud app on the Ex Libris Developers Network and Print in LIBstick cloud app on YouTube.
The screenshots and flow below is effective as of the Aug. 2020 Alma release.
To install the “Print in LIBstick” cloud app:
On top right of the Alma landing page click the link to the Cloud App Center
In the “Available Apps” column find the app “Print in LIBstick” and click it. You can find it by scrolling through the list or by using the search icon.
After clicking the app you can click the link to read more about it on the app center or click install. We will click install.
The app will then appear in the installed apps tab and clicking it will activate it for use
Click the app and then three dots on top to begin configuring
We have clicked “Configure URL” above and now we add our URL.
If you do not have a URL for your institution then either
- Visit https://libraries.technion.ac.il/libstick/ and click “Join Us”.
- Click the “Join LIBstick” icon above
You are now notified that the LIBstick button will be available on the following screens:
- Physical item editor – single barcode
- Physical items result – multiple bar-codes
- List of items – multiple bar-codes
- Set Details – multiple bar-codes
Test it out. Do a physical items search and then click “Print in LIBstick”.
See that in a new tab the labels have printed (you can see how to define the actual labels in Using LIBstick to print labels in Alma )