How to make a copy of the dashboard and all its prompts and reports
When you make a copy of dashboard using the copy-paste method, dashboard’s reports and prompts are still linked to the original. Because of this, the dashboard must be edited to use the newly copied reports and prompts. This tedious task is eliminated if you make a copy of the dashboard using Archive and restore it to the desired folder with Unarchive.
More info about archive/unarchive method can be found in following presentation:
How to edit and change a default Alma Analytics dashboard using the archive method.pptx
- In this example, I made a copy of the API Usage dashboard and all it’s prompts and reports from Alma Shared Folders to My Folders. First I selected the folder and clicked Archive.
2. I didn’t want to keep the permissions of the original but clicked OK.
3. Next, the browser asks where to save the archive file on my computer.
4. I created a new folder under My Folders where to restore the archive file by selecting Unarchive.
5. Unarchive asks for the file and how to extract it. I made sure in the ACL that Inherit is selected, so the permissions are inherited from my folder and not from the original, not even if I had selected “Keep Permissions” in the archive creation step.
6. Now I have a working copy of the API Usage dashboard that I can edit and see the changes made.