How to receive an existing item via an API in 5 easy steps
See also Receive an Existing Item
Identify the following mandatory information to be able to receive the existing item:
- POL ID. In our case it is POL-45389
- Item ID. In our case it is 2343589980000121
- Date of receiving. In our case it will be June 17, 2019. This is the format: 2019-06-17
- The code of the department where the item is being received. In our case it is AcqDeptULINC
- The library code of the department where the item is being received. In our case it is ULINC
Verify that currently the item is now not received. Note the process type acquisition.
Send a POST like this. Note the POL ID and item ID as well as department and library. (change API key from 01234567890 to real API key)
In the POST send this representation body (which is empty) if you do not wish to update the item.
It is required to send a representation body, and this will not change the item but will allow for it to be received.
Send the xml as body content type application/xml
See that the item was successfully received.
See that now the process type is “in transit” to Main Library. In picture above in step two the process type was “acquisition”.
Note that now a request has been created.
See that the the request is type “Transit for reshelving” and it was created via the API
In the history tab of the POL see that it was the API that changed the status from “Sent” to “Waiting for Invoice”