Integrated Alma – InnReach Workflows
The InnReach system may be integrated with Alma as a broker system, similar to other broker systems that are integrated with Alma. Below are some comments with regard to how to set up an InnReach\Alma integration.
1. Integrating Alma with InnReach requires the Innovative DCB component. This component is supplied by Innovative in order to facilitate the circulation of materials between an INN-Reach server and a non-III ILS
2. The basic element of the integration on the Alma configuration side is the partner record. Below is a recommended setup of the InnReach partner record:
3. Integrating InnReach with Alma via NCIP requires some special attributes:
4. A general electronic service may be set up, in order to enable patrons to link from Primo into InnReach in order to place a request.
5. InnReach DCB requires to be updated about record availability at member libraries via a publishing process. The Alma General Publishing Profile may be setup based on a logical set of the InnReach shareable resources, and include coded information required for record processing in the DCB. The published data captures circulation activity, includes new or modified records and is published daily. Below is a sample profile:
6. InnReach DCB may work using a pre-loaded list of users. It is possible to configure the Users Integration Profile with an Export Users action, so that specific user types may be routinely exported based on changes done to the user record. An Alma XSL file (Export User Letter) may be used to determine what fields will be exported and in what format, for example:
The InnReach workflow is based on the same NCIP messages that make up the broker process for other broker systems. The full process is described in the following link: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/resource_sharing/broker
Below is a brief description of the integrated workflow
1. Request is placed by the patron by accessing InnReach, potentially through the General Electronic Service link described above (step 4)
2. InnReach DCB queries Alma for patron information via NCIP
3. Request is forwarded by InnReach to the lender.
Request is sent by DCB to the Alma lender via NCIP. Lending request is created in Alma.
4. Pick slip is created in Alma, and item is shipped in DCB.
Alma is updated about the ship action via NCIP, and item is moved in Alma to the resource sharing library
5. Item is received in DCB.
Alma is updated about the receive action via NCIP, and temporary item is put on hold shelf (or in transit to required pickup location).
6. Patron loan is managed in Alma
7. Item is sent back to lender in DCB.
Alma borrower is updated about the check in action via NCIP, and temporary item is removed
8. Item is checked in by the lender in DCB.
Alma lender is updated about the check in action via NCIP, and item is moved back to its permanent shelving location.