OAI-PMH provider for Voyager
- DescriptionA fully-featured OAI-PMH Provider (server) implementation for Voyager with customizable set definitions.Features:
- Support for all verbs (functions) of OAI-PMH 2.0
- Configurable sets
- Can utilize keyword indexes
- Can return records in Dublin Core as well as MARCXML
- Access control for IP addresses
- Support for handling of deletions
- Can return bib and authority records
- Author: Ere Maijala
- Additional author(s):
- Institution: None
- Year: 2014
- License: MPL 1.1 / GPL 2.0
- Short description: Use, modification and distribution of the code are permitted provided the copyright notice, list of conditions and disclaimer appear in all related material.
- Link to terms: MPL 1.1, GPL 2.0
- Skill required for using this code: intermediate
Tested on Voyager 8. Probably works with other versions too.
Version 2.13.1 – 10 June 2014
Version 2.13.0 – 19 May 2014
While the setup is fairly straight-forward, the set definitions can be slightly daunting. Please don’t hesitate to contact the author (ere.maijala at helsinki.fi) for more information.
Please note that enabling holdings and availability information slows down date interval harvesting considerably. This is due to the fact that the provider needs to find the appropriate timestamp for each record, and it seems that not all the relevant fields are indexed/non-null so there is quite a bit of extra work for Oracle in this case.
-rwxrwxr-x 1 voyager linda 20431 Oct 17 14:32 oai-pmh.cgi
You can have multiple oai-pmh scripts in cgi-bin with their own settings. Just copy both the script and the config file to similar names (e.g. oai-pmh-custom.cgi and oai-pmh-custom.config). The custom-named script will read the custom config file automatically, so you don’t need to touch the script file.
|File Name||Comment||Size||Number of Downloads|
|oai-pmh.cgi||OAI-PMH Provider v2.6||73 kB||293|
|oai-pmh.config||Sample config file||8 kB||601|
|oai-pmh.tar||OAI-PMH Provider v1.5||70 kB||166|