Simple Primo Client
In an effort to learn about the Primo X-Server API, I have written a
simple Primo client. All it does is:
1. take a rudimentary query from the user
2. construct an X-Server request
3. send the request
4. get back an XML response
5. transform the response into HTML
6. return the HTML to the user
Author: Eric Lease Morgan
Institution: University of Notre Dame
License: GNU Public License
Short description: Use, modification and distribution of the code are permitted provided the copyright notice, list of conditions and disclaimer appear in all related material.
Skill required for using this code: Intermediate Perl scripting
Attach the code file(s) to this page and link to them here.
Page attachments management can be reached from the top-right menu – ‘attachments’ after page save.
Using the following Ex Libris open interfaces
(See the README file in the distribution.)
TO DO list
* displaying cover art
* linking to Google Books, Open Content Alliance, etc.
* exploring how to combine the result with WorldCat data
* linking to more detailed records
* finding similar through the use of xISBN
View link here.