unAPI support for MetaLib
- Author: Ere Maijala
- Institution: None
- Year: 2008
- License: MPL 1.1 / GPL 2.0
- Short description: Use, modification and distribution of the code are permitted provided the copyright notice, list of conditions and disclaimer appear in all related material.
- Link to terms: MPL 1.1, GPL 2.0
- Skill required for using this code: Basic
Normal MetaLib installation
Using the following Ex Libris open interfaces
X-Server, but only one operation (sfx-get-doc) that does not require a license.
- Fixed saving records in e-shelf
- Initial release
|For documentation purposes we assume the installation directory is /exlibris/nelli/unapi. Any other directory may be used as desired.|
The main script and its support files
- Untar the package to /exlibris/nelli/unapi
- Make sure that unapi.pl is executable (chmod +x unapi.pl)
- Change the settings in unapi_config.pl.
|metalib_url||MetaLib user interface’s address (with the trailing /V)|
|x-timeout||HTTP request timeout for X services|
|x-server||MetaLib X-Server address (normally just replace /V with /X)|
|debug||Whether to log debugging information regarding different operations (written to Apache error log)|
|scratch_dir||Directory for temporary files|
- Add ScriptAlias for /unapi pointing to unapi.pl into the proper VirtualHost
(or global if no vhosts are used) in httpd.conf of MetaLib’s Apache
ScriptAlias "/unapi" "/exlibris/nelli/unapi/nellirss.pl"
You may be able to do all required changes to template files automatically by copying the [diff file] to the instance directory (e.g. /exlibris/metalib/m4_2/ins01) and issuing the following command when logged in as the metalib user:
patch -u -p0 < metalib_unapi.diff
If that doesn’t work, just open the diff file and do the changes manually. The lines marked with – need to removed and lines marked with + added.
TO DO List
Assess whether the built-in RIS format of MetaLib works well enough, or is an external conversion needed.