Using multiple New Order API integration profiles
Introductory note: The examples here are “just examples” and do not necessarily reflect desired match routines or normalization rules for each New Order API integration profiles. The names of the profiles, the names of normalization rules and the match methods used here are only examples.
- If one institution is integrating with multiple vendors for RTO (Real Time Ordering) then they may wish to use separate integration profiles of type New Order API.
- For example if the institution has integrated with both vendor OASIS and vendor “E Zafrani” then they may wish to have a separate profile for each vendor.
- In that way, for example, different normalization processes and match routines can be used per vendor.
- Here for example we have two separate integration profiles: one per vendor
- Note that when using multiple New Order API integration profiles one should be defined as “default”
The two sample integration profiles
- The “E Zafrani Integration Profile” runs normalization process “Add 590 Created from E Zafrani via new order API” and uses match methods based on the 024 and 035 fields.
- The “OASIS Integration Profile” runs normalization process “Add 590 Created from OASIS via new order API” and uses match methods based on the ISSN and ISBN fields.
Running the API with a specific profile
- We will show how this works using the Ex Libris Developer Network
- We will do as follows:
- Click “API Console”
- Click “Acquisitions”
- Click “PO Lines” POST
- Click “Try it out”
- Fill in the code of the New Order API Integration profile (and edit the payload xml as desired)
- Now we run it with profile code E_Zafrani_New_Order_API
- After clicking “Execute” you can see in the Curl and API request the syntax of how the code of the New Order API integration profile is added
- Now we will look at the MMSID of the record which was created
- We see a field added from the normalization process of New Order API integration profile with code E_Zafrani_New_Order_API. Thus we know that this integration profile was used.
- Now we run the API with New Order API Integration Profile code OASIS_New_Order_API
- We see a field added from the normalization process of New Order API integration profile with code OASIS_New_Order_API. Thus we know that this new order API integration profile was used.