Xerxes is a standalone application that provides an improved interface to Metalib. You continue to use Metalib’s knowledgebase and metasearch capabilities, but Xerxes provides a much more flexible display of categories and databases, and offers a more open and intuitive display of search results. Xerxes has its own Saved Databases and Saved Records modules, with enhanced export and organization options. The latest version of Xerxes also provides a mobile interface.
- Institution: California State University
- Year: 2010
- License: GNU General Public License, copyright California State University
- Short description: Use, modification and distribution of the code are permitted provided the copyright notice, list of conditions and disclaimer appear in all related material.
- Link to terms: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt
- Skill required for using this code: Advanced
You also need to have a license for the Metalib X-Sever.
This page includes twenty improvements Xerxes provides over the standard Metalib interface, with screen shots http://code.google.com/p/xerxes-portal/wiki/WhyXerxes
Latest mobile version: http://cowewpaq01.calstate.edu/demo?is_mobile=1
e-mail David for a guest user name and password if you want to conduct searches.
Using the following Ex Libris open interfaces