Installation Steps (Java)
- Pre-installation Tasks
- Create the CLEK Project
- Extension Kit Overview
Please make sure that the following install prerequisites are fulfilled before the install begins.
- Tomcat 7, 8 or 8.5
- Eclipse Mars or later
- JDK 1.7 or later
- Maven 3.2 or later
- Basic knowledge of REST services and the Spring Boot framework
Create a new workspace in Eclipse:
Make sure maven setting points to the correct maven version (Window -> Preferences -> Maven -> User Settings)
Please consider using your Maven installation rather than default embedded installation in Eclipse (Window -> Preferences -> Maven -> Installations).
Create the CLEK project
Import project from github
The CLEK code base is stored on Ex Libris’ Github and needs to be imported into your eclipse workspace via the following steps:
In your Web browser:
- Open https://github.com/ExLibrisGroup/campusM-CLEK
- Click the ‘Clone or Download’ button
- Click ‘Download ZIP’
On your PC:
- Extract the zip file
- Copy the folder “cl-extensions-kit” to your eclipse workspace folder (i.e. C:\campusm\CampusM_ExtensionKit_workspace)
- Import the cl-extensions-kit project to Eclipse (File -> Import -> Choose ‘Maven’ -> Choose ‘Existing Maven Projects’ -> Use ‘Browse…’ button to browse for your workspace folder -> Choose the folder “cl-extensions-kit” -> Click ‘Finish’ button.
Setting the local path to library jars
Open the pom.xml file, and edit in the dependencies section the following dependencies ‘systemPath’ to contain the name of your workspace:
Please note: as the Oracle jdbc maven repository may be behind a registration, you may need to adjust pom.xml per the following (https://blogs.oracle.com/dev2dev/get-oracle-jdbc-drivers-and-ucp-from-oracle-maven-repository-without-ides.) which would involve also adding <repositories> and <pluginRepositories> and the username / password credentials.
Set the maven launcher
CLEK supplies a maven launcher to compile the project and build the war file.
The CLEK convention for .war files is <app name>Extensions (e.g. UniAExtensions or UniBExtensions)
Choose your project in the ‘Package Explorer’ section.
Open ‘Run Configuration’ (Run -> Run Configuration …)
Choose ‘Maven Build’ -> Choose the launcher ‘build-cl-extensions-kit‘
Edit the Parameter name “project-name” value, and click the ‘Apply’ button. Note that the value you choose for this parameter plus the suffix “Extensions” will be your .war file name.