This service checks if the user is defined in the Z66 table with the given password, and if the user has at least one row in the Z67 table.
It gets as input a staff name and a staff password and returns a Yes or No answer.
1. STAFF_NAME – PICTURE X(10).
2. STAFF_PWD/ STAFF_PASSWORD – PICTURE X(10).
- STAFF_NAME: The staff name (from the Z66 table).
- STAFF_PWD/STAFF_PASSWORD: The staff password (from the Z66 table).
Output XML Format
The output XML includes a Y/N answer that indicates whether or not the staff user is authenticated.
To check if the staff user DTL01 with the password DTL01 is authenticated, enter the following URL:
If successful, the output XML includes a Y/N answer:
<sds:staff-auth xmlns:sds="http://com/exlibris/digitool/sds/xmlbeans"> <authenticated>Y</authenticated> #60;session-id>RTNUNBHCGERXY1CKHFMHLTLDYJELVSPX7QHJEIN11T75QKAGA4</session-id> </sds:staff-auth>
Possible Error Codes
1. If the staff_auth X-Service is activated without staff_name or staff_pwd having been entered, the following message appears in the output XML:
<error>Both staff name and staff password must be filled</error>
2. If the staff_auth X-Service is activated with a staff_name that does not exist in the Z62 table:
<error>Unknown Staff Name</error>