Forum - Address App’s entities list is empty on production

• This topic has 24 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 day, 18 hours ago by Zahra Mousavi.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Hi Josh – Yes, it is in step 3, we need to print the partner address to send it back. And I get an empty Entities array when I try to return a barcode whose status is ‘Returned by patron’.

Josh Weisman
    Keymaster

It sounds like the best option then is to “scan” the barcode in the Cloud App, as Alma is not adding any value at this stage in the process.

Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Could you explain a bit more about how to “scan” the barcode in the Cloud App? Should I get it via an Input box or something and then call some APIs? If yes, which API/APIs can I use for this purpose?

Josh Weisman
    Keymaster

Hi Zahra. There are a few examples of scanning barcodes in Cloud Apps. The first is in SpineOMatic. There’s a scan component in the app. Also in the Bulk Scan In app, the main component supports scan in.

You can use the Scan In API to both return the item and get the address from the partner on the resource sharing request. We believe that’s the easiest from a technical perspective if your staff are willing to work in that way.

Let us know what you think.

Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Hi Josh – Thanks for the info. Our staffs are open to any suggestion on changing their routine if it can be done in another/better way?
    I will look at the Apps you suggested and write back if I have more questions.

Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Hi again – I am able to get the information via Scan In API using barcodes. I can even get more info using queryParams: { view: ‘label’}.
    However, I cannot find out how can I get the partner’s ID/address. Should I call other APIs?

Josh Weisman
    Keymaster

Hi Zahra- we’re checking and will get back to you.

Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Great Josh! Thanks 🙂

Josh Weisman
    Keymaster

Hi Zahra. We discussed this case today. I’d like to summarize where we are now:
    1. The item is scanned and returned at the circulation desk
    2. The item is then sent to the ILL department
    3. The item is scanned at the ILL department and then a shipment is prepared to return the item to the lending library
    4. At this point, we want to retrieve the address of the lending library to print the address label

The issue is that since the item has already been returned, you don’t have access to the loan. We’d like to recommend in this case the following flow:
    1. Enter the item’s barcode in the Cloud App
    2. Retrieve the full item path from the Get Item API (using ?item_barcode=XXX)
    3. Call the Get Item’s Requests API to retrieve the user request. That API supports historical requests in case the request is closed already
    4. Get the corresponding resource sharing borrowing request and the corresponding partner, which you’ve already done before

Let us know if this flow makes sense to you given your librarian’s workflow. If you have an example of an item returned in your production environment, I suggest you call the relevant APIs to make sure you get the responses you expect.

Thanks.

Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Hi Josh

Yes, it is exactly the scenario!

Using the following:

1- Calling /items?item_barcode=${barcode} getting item
    2- Calling ${item.link}/requests) getting an object containing an array of requests (in this case only one request)

But I am not sure how I use this information to get the corresponding resource sharing borrowing request and the corresponding partner.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.