Forum - API for ALMA-E Link

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Bernd Uttenweiler.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bernd Uttenweiler
    Participant

Hi

Primo VE uses the endpoint rest/pub/edelivery/<mms id> to get the link to the digital resource (electronicServices.serviceUrl) and other informations for ALMA-E resources.
    Which Alma API returns the same informations? I looked under /bibs/ and /electronic/ and could not find it.

Thanks
    Bernd

Ori Miller
    Keymaster

Hi Bernd,
    Perhaps svc_dat=CTO mentioned here is what you’re looking for: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/discovery/services_page/
    Thanks,
    Ori
    Alma API Team

Bernd Uttenweiler
    Participant

Hi Ori

I am looking for a way to get the uresolver link for the MMS ID.
    Is there not an API endpoint that returns the uresolver link for the MMS ID?

Primo VE uses the endpoint rest/pub/edelivery/<mms id> to get the link to the digital resource (electronicServices.serviceUrl), which is , for example
    /view/action/uresolver.do?operation=resolveService&package_service_id=2081103670005503&institutionId=5503&customerId=5500 .

I also couldn’t figure out what exactly the package_service_id is and if I can get it from an API endpoint(for the MMS ID), if I can’t get the link as a whole.

Thanks
    Bernd

Bernd Uttenweiler
    Participant

Hi

I have meanwhile figured out what I was looking for. The request

https://<name&gt;.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/view/uresolver/<inst>/openurl?u.ignore_date_coverage=true&rft.mms_id=99115580113105503&rfr_id=info:sid/primo.exlibrisgroup.com&svc_dat=CTO&response_type=xml

returns context_object and context_services. There is one resolution_url for each context_service (if there is an electronic resource).

I was initially confused by the values of parameter svc_dat and tried viewit, which returns an html for an iframe. But I don’t need that step.

Thanks
    Bernd

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.