Forum - Appointment Scheduler Notification Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Linda Parker
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m very excited about the Appointment Scheduler app and how it can improve services for our users. However, I have a question regarding the notification aspect. I got the app installed and tested, but the only thing that didn’t seem to work was the notification part. I used myself as a test subject, made a few appointments, but never once did I receive an email confirmation. I checked my preferences and settings so what am I missing? Your insights are greatly appreciated – thank you! Linda Parker 🙂

Linda Parker
    Participant

Also, I would like to add that it reflect the library calendar for open/closed hours. In my testing, I purposely made an appointment during a closed time to see what would happen and it allowed the appointment to move forward with no error or closed message. To minimize conflict, it is important to have the app link to or reflect the library’s calendar. Thanks! LP

Francisco Sáenz de Valluerca López
    Participant

I think I have the same problem: the scheduler schedules alright, buth doesn’t send the notification mail, instead I get an error message. In the sandbox everything works ok: scheduling and emailing, but not in the production environment, and I can’t guess why.

Josh Weisman
    Keymaster

Thanks for your comments. We’ll respond to questions about this particular app in the repository issues. I see you already opened an issue there:
    https://github.com/jweisman/alma-scheduler/issues/11

Linda Parker
    Participant

Hello Again!

I would like to suggest that additional or secondary notifications be able to be configured in the appointment scheduler. For example, if I set up a second or third location, I would like to be able to customize the Notification (and it’s information) as it relates to that second or third location specifically (maybe there is a different contact email or unique instructions that only apply to that other location). It may also be helpful to offer customization or additional General options too because additional locations may have different days/hours of operation. Thank you!

Linda Parker 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.