Forum - Creating move requests for items via the API

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dickson Law
    Participant

The current documentation for the “Create Request for an Item” endpoint (POST /almaws/v1/bibs/{mms_id}/holdings/{holding_id}/items/{item_pid}/request) says that the API currently does not support creating move requests:

https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/apis/docs/bibs/UE9TVCAvYWxtYXdzL3YxL2JpYnMve21tc19pZH0vaG9sZGluZ3Mve2hvbGRpbmdfaWR9L2l0ZW1zL3tpdGVtX3BpZH0vcmVxdWVzdHM=/

My institution has a use case where we would like to automatically create move requests for items that have entered a TRANSFER location in any library. The move request would move from the TRANSFER location to one of several locations in a remote storage library. We would like to know if the limitation in the article is still true, and if it is, whether the feature could be added in a future release or implemented some other way.

Brandon Uhlman
    Participant

It’s unclear if the new location in the remote storage library is determined based on the TRANSFER location it has entered, or an attribute of the item itself (call number, material type, etc.), and I’m not actually sure it matters.

A potential workaround (I haven’t actually tried this to see if it would work) would be to use sets — either logical sets, if the destination location can be determined using available-to-search criteria, or using the API to add items to itemized sets — and then triggering the “Create physical item move request” job as appropriate using the Jobs API.

Dickson Law
    Participant

Thank you for your suggested workaround, Brandon! We tried creating logical sets for each destination location criteria and it is effective in eliminating the number of manual set population API calls, but now the “Create physical item move request” job is having trouble with working on the items. My team is now in contact with support trying to see what is happening.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.