Forum - Error 420033 No more rows to fetch using Analytics API

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jesse R
    Participant

I’ve had PHP code running a CURL requests in a loop (while IsFinished=False) to fetch a rather large Analytics report for a bookwidget application that has been running smoothly for over a year. Sometime in the last few weeks it’s started bombing out with error code 420033 No more rows to fetch.

The only history I’ve seen on this was from this old thread:

https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/forums/topic/understanding-error-responses-from-analytic-api/

I’ve tried setting CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT and CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER => array(“cache-control: no-cache”) with no change. It does not seem to happen at any set record or page of the report, but always does. I have the same code running on a much smaller report, and it is able to make it’s way through it, thus far I have not gotten the same error on it.

Here’s a more detailed output of the results:

object(SimpleXMLElement)#3 (3) {
    [“errorCode”]=>
    string(6) “420033”
    [“errorMessage”]=>
    string(21) “No more rows to fetch”
    [“trackingId”]=>
    string(35) “E02-1307145710-BYCMV-AWAE2071118290”
    }
    }
    }

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ori Miller
    Keymaster

Hi Jesse,
    How about breaking out of the loop when you receive either “No more rows to fetch” OR “IsFinished=true”?
    Thanks,
    Ori

Jesse R
    Participant

Yes agreed that would be a good design but the no more rows to fetch error does not seem to come when all of the report is returned, so I won’t get all of the data with anything but IsFinished=true in this scenario. It seems to be happening at different points in the processing of the report. This code had been running fine for over a year, so I’m assuming either the result set of the report changing caused this, or an external error out of my control. I’m trying to rule out the former now.

Jesse R
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve confirmed the no more rows to fetch error never comes at the same point in retrieving the results, so I have no way further way to check and see if somehow the contents of the report were causing any issues. That also tells me that it likely isn’t the content of the report causing it, if it seems to bomb out on different content each time. The resumption token is only given on the first call, how long do they persist for? Though unless something changed I can’t imagine it’s a timing thing either, as previously this report, when it was working, used to take much longer to get all the results for compared to how quickly it errors out now.

I’m not sure where to take this next, is it something I can open a case for, perhaps the tracking ID for a failure would reveal something server side? Any other suggestions?

Ori Miller
    Keymaster

Yes, maybe with the tracking ID it will be possible to figure it out, but I can’t say for sure. It could be an issue with the OBI’s side which is outside of Alma’s control.
    Please open a ticket with the details, and we’ll give it a try.
    Ori

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.