Forum - HTTP Basic auth

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Opher Kutner 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stefano Cossu
    Participant

Hello,
    I am using a Python script to connect to the Rosetta SOAP API. Currently I am using PDS handle authentication but I want to switch to HTTP Basic auth.

The documentation about HTTP Basic authentication is quite clear; what is not clear is how I handle the pdsHandle parameter in my request method, e.g. getIE: https://exlibrisgroup.github.io/Rosetta.dps-sdk-projects/current/javadoc/com/exlibris/digitool/repository/ifc/IEWebServices.html#getIE-java.lang.String-java.lang.String-java.lang.Long-

Passing None or an empty string as the first parameter gives me an error:

> There was a problem decoding the header string: null

The cases are two: either the SOAP API does not accept the pdsHandle parameter I am passing, or it’s fine with it, but there is something wrong with my auth header (as the message seems to suggest).

In order for me to diagnose the problem, can someone confirm whether I am actually supposed to send a null parameter, and if not, how to handle the request without PDS authentication?

Thank you,
    Stefano

Opher Kutner
    Participant

Hi Stefano,
    PDSHandle should be empty. The error you are seeing suggests the problem is with the Authorization header.
    Opher

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.