Forum - Partners information in ‘scan items and return items’

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Hej

We would like to be able to print partner’s address in the scan items and return items screens via our cloud app.
    But as I see we don’t get the pageInfo entities there.
    Is there a chance that it will be added to the cloud apps? and if yes, when we can expect it to be available?

Thanks in advace
    Zahra

Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Hi again

Hope you are doing great!

Since I haven’t heard anything back, I would like to ask again, if there is any chance of adding ‘scan items’ and ‘return items’ information to the cloud app?

Best regards
    Zahra

Josh Weisman
    Keymaster

Hi Zahra. Sorry we didn’t get back to you yet. We’re checking into see if we can add this to an upcoming version.

Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Hi Josh

It sounds great!

Looking forward to hear more about it.

Best
    Zahra

Ori Miller
    Keymaster

Hi Zahra,
    We are still looking into it – the scan-in-items screen is unique as it branches to many workflows.
    Can you give us some background: where is the partner’s address relevant here? Is there a message you need to send to the partner when a resource sharing request is returned by the end-user?
    Thanks,
    Ori
    Alma APIs Team

Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Hi Ori

Happy new year
    Since I don’t know much about how librarians use these services, I asked them today, and they say that they don’t use ‘scan in items’ for this purpose any more. It seems like they have been using these two interchangeably (somehow), but not any more.
    So if we get the partners’ address in ‘return item screen’, we can easily do without the other one.

Best regards
    Zahra

Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Hi again – We will appreciate it if you could give us an estimate of when the data regarding the partners’ address will be added to the ‘return item’ screen, in Cloud Apps.

Moshe Shechter
    Participant

Hi Zahra,

I would like to ask for a little more functional context please. Is the workflow action that you are looking into, the ability to accept an item from *a patron* and be able to ship it back to the lender ? In other words, are we discussing a *borrower side* workflow, and is the intention to enable you to expose the address of the lender at the check in time ?

Thanks,
    Moshe Shechter
    Alma Product Manager

Zahra Mousavi
    Participant

Hi Moshe

The scenario is exactly what you have described above. Beside the return slip from Alma, We need to print a specially formatted label, for our post department to be able to send the material back to the lender. At the moment it takes manual work to create and print the label, which is very time-consuming for the volume that is handled by the Royal Danish library. This is the reason why we want partner addresses to be accessible via Cloud Apps.

Best
    Zahra

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.