Forum - Pay fines link from Primo to intermediate page

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by m schwendener 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello,
    I don’t know Primo.
    I have been tasked with creating an interface page between Primo and our payment gateway. This page needs to display a user’s current fines so they can select which ones to pay.
    How can I create a “Pay fines” link in Primo which can pass a user (Alma) primary ID to my interface page. My understanding is that the options are mapping tables or customisation packages – are there pros and cons to each of these, and where can I find coding documentation for customisation packages? Or are there better options?
    Thanks very much,
    Gary

Anonymous

Hi Gary,

Hopefully you may have found the solution already.

But really depends on which UI and placement of the link you are using with Primo, Classic or New?

With the New UI, you may have to write an angularjs script to place the link with the user id as a passing parameter, then once it reaches your payment gateway, it will retrieve the fines and fees from Alma with the REST API available (assuming you are using Alma with Primo) with the passing user id and shows it on the page.

With Classic UI, you still have to create a javascript to link to your destination page, but may be able to make use of the jQuery.Primo to retrieve the user id and pass it on, after that, similar to above.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Anonymous

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, I have been working on this for a while now and have used a customisation package in Primo (I think we are on VE – still learning!). This seems to be working well – except for one thing – the Payment link I created for the “Fines + fees” tab shows up in *all* tabs.
    I have used the directive name prmAccountLinksAfter to hook into this section of the page, but do you know how I can limit this link showing up *only* on the “Fines + fees” tab? Perhaps there is another directive that I’ve missed?

Thanks again,
    Gary

Anonymous

Hi Gary,

We are using the prmFinesAfter but we are on MT. But I would expect with the Primo NUI, they should be fairly close to each other with MT and VE.

May I ask, are you taking any of the user info and pass it to your intermediate page?

Cheers
    Kevin

Anonymous

Hi Kevin,

Ah yes, you’re right! I didn’t see prmFinesAfter down the bottom there, thank you.

I’m just passing the Alma primary ID to the intermediate page.

Cheers,
    Gary

Anonymous

Hi Gary,

I meant how you are getting the ID. From the $ctrl object or using the JWT?

Cheers,
    Kevin

Anonymous

Hi Kevin,

Getting it from the JWT then passing to $ctrl.

Cheers,
    Gary

Anonymous

Thanks Gary.

That is the thing (JWT) I am trying to avoid.

Cheers,

University of California Riverside 01CDL_RIV_INST
    Participant

Hi – I’m working on something similar.

How are you getting the JWT? I can’t seem to find any documentation on how I can get the JWT from within my custom controller.

Thanks!

m schwendener
    Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.