Forum - SIP2

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ken Lin 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Donne Ocloo
    Participant

Title: Failing to get any response from server using node.js SIP2 library

Question:
    I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask my question about my issue with getting a response from a SIP2 server so, my apologies if it’s not. I’ve asked this same question on Stackoverflow.com but I don’t know if I’m going to get any response there so, I’m posting my question here as well.
    Since my post on stackoverflow has better formatting, I’m posting the link to my question.

Link: https://stackoverflow.com/q/56153451/9974529

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Jim Nicholls
    Participant

After adding the necessary require for sip2 to the top of your code, I was able to run it and I did get a response. Of course, the response was a screen message of “Item does not exist”, but I did get a response.

Donne Ocloo
    Participant

Thanks Jim for the reply. I too have the necessary require like so -> “const SIP2 = require(‘sip2’);” but I can’t get any response at all. I’ve tried my program on a different system and on a different network connection too but still had no luck getting a response from that particular server. If my code doesn’t have any problem then my guess is that the server is blocking requests from my program but is allowing requests from that testing tool which is why it only works there?

Jim Nicholls
    Participant

Having eliminated your code being the cause, that leaves environmental factors. I’ve made several presumptions about your environment. Perhaps one of these presumption is wrong, and this might help us to figure out the problem.

I’ve presumed:
    * you have used exactly the same SIP2 server and port combination in the tool as you did in your code;
    * you’ve been running the tool and code on exactly the same operating system instance (= the source IP address is identical);
    * the “SIP2 server” is actually your stunnel instance between yourself and the Alma SIP2 server.

Donne Ocloo
    Participant

Your presumptions
    * I have used exactly the same SIP2 server and port combination in the tool as I did in my code; (CORRECT)
    * I’ve been running the tool and code on exactly the same operating system instance (= the source IP address is identical); (WRONG – I ran my code and SIP 2 tool in two different PCs)
    * the “SIP2 server” is actually my stunnel instance between myself and the Alma SIP2 server.(UNSURE – The SIP 2 server I’m trying to get a response from is from a different company. Now I’m not sure if other companies use Alma for creating their own checkout systems for libraries.)

Ken Lin
    Participant

Other companies usually don’t require you to encrypt SIP2 communication
    So try not going through stunnel if you are trying to establish SIP2 communication with other than Alma

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.