Forum - SIS (PeopleSoft) Integration with EX Libris Secure FTP Service

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joel Hartung
    Participant

Hello,

My University’s IT department has hit a roadblock with automating our SIS Oracle PeopleSoft userload integration. We are trying to use the out of the box Ex Libris Secure FTP Service, but our internal developer does not have experience with using a private key for establishing an SFTP connection with Oracle. Our usual method involves a username and password, rather than a keyfile. Furthermore, the username provided by Ex Libris for the SFTP Connection is in a format of “username@customers.na”. The “@customers.na” domain included in the username is apparently hanging up the connection, as the @ symbol is an unsupported character.

Does anyone have any documentation or information on how we can automate this connection? We are able to connect to the server using a FTP application such as FileZilla and manually run the userload, but our internal developer is unable to complete the automation process due to these hangups.

Thank you for your help!

Matthew Reeves
    Participant

Hello, Joel,

What application does your internal developer typically use for automated SFTP transfers?

Joel Hartung
    Participant

Hello Matthew,

I followed up with my internal developer, and he informed me they use People Soft or expect script for automated SFTP transfers.

Thanks! – Joel

Matthew Reeves
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.