Forum - SRU & API Developer site analytics.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian Gregg
    Participant

All,

We are doing some initial testing in our Sandbox with retrieving records via SRU. As we are a new Alma site and are just now moving into our implementation phase, we were wondering why the developer site analytics (https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/manage/reports/) does not seem to show any API or SRU usage when we know that we have run several SRU requests through the system but the analytics still says ‘0’ calls made today? Also, as this is Dec. 10th, any data that we can get out of the analytics is dated the latest of Nov. 27th. Does the analytics site not report up to date even though it has the option of just reporting “Today”? And what is the best way to see our SRU usage? Can the developer site analytics distinguish between API and SRU usage?

Thanks,
    -Brian Gregg
    University of Pittsburgh.

Ori Miller
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,
    SRU requests do not appear in the report page because they are sent directly to Alma, and here we only show requests which are sent via the Gateway.
    Currently there is no dashboard where you can see your SRU usage stat. – perhaps we’ll add one in the future if it will be requested.
    Please note that SRU requests are not limited by the REST APIs daily threshold.
    Regarding the API usage – I double-checked our gateway log files, and wasn’t able to see any REST API requests from 01PITT_INST after 2019-11-28. Please try sending a few requests and if they don’t appear in the graphs shortly after (few minutes) please open a case with Alma Support and we’ll investigate.
    Thanks,
    Ori
    Alma API Team

Brian Gregg
    Participant

Ori,

Thanks for the information and I just want to re-confirm what you just indicated:

Use of the SRU is not limited by the REST APIs daily threshold right? Are there ANY limits at all on the use of the SRU? I have conflicting information from our ExLibris Team on this and I want to be clear before we decide to use SRU or the API interfaces going forward. We are wanting to pull Bib/item information and were initially thinking the API but then found the SRU could also serve this information so we’re exploring both options.

Thanks,
    -Brian.

Ori Miller
    Keymaster

If you look at the TOC in https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/apis/ :
    Everything under REST APIs goes thru the gateway and is limited, and everything under Integrations is sent directly to Alma and in theory is unlimited.
    Having said that, see the note at the end of the SRU doc:
    Important Note: The SRU integration is intended for integrating Alma search with other automated systems for the purposes of inter-library loan, copy catalog, or selection. Using the SRU integration for other workflows, such as performing bulk exports of records, is not supported.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.