Forum - Timings for adding new item via api?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jay Gattuso
    Participant

I wondered if anyone has any timings to hand for how long it takes to add a new item via the API.

My current process adds the new item using acp: POST /almaws/v1/acq/po-lines/po_line_id/items?apikey={api_key

Then updates the item via the bibs: PUT /almaws/v1/bibs/mms_id/holdings/holding_id/items/item_id?apikey=api_key

The second step is needed to update the public_note, receiving_operator, internal_note_1, description, and policy data elements.

I’m seeing a relationship between the number of items attached to a holding – low numbers (10s) a few seconds to complete, high numbers (1,000s) minutes to complete. I am also seeing timeout errors for the largest holding I’ve tried, and have a ticket in for this.

I wanted to check if this is happening for anyone else, and/or if there are any tricks for speeding this process up?

Cheers,
    J

Ori Miller
    Keymaster

Hi Jay,
    This sounds like a bug which I believe we have fixed in Alma’s Nov release. What is the ticket number?
    Thanks,
    Ori
    Alma API Team

Jay Gattuso
    Participant

Hi Ori,

Case #00791906.

I’m still seeing this in our SANDBOX ALMA, which has the Dec release as far as I know.

Cheers,

J

Ori Miller
    Keymaster

Perhaps it’s a different issue, which relates to the fact that the item was created using POST /almaws/v1/acq/po-lines/po_line_id/items
    We’ll follow up on the case.
    Ori

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.