Forum - Title search via API
Tagged: alma api search
- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 2 weeks ago by 43ACC_UBL.
- January 13, 2020 at 4:05 pm #6465143ACC_UBLParticipant
Hello, I have two questions, please:
Is it possible to search with title or author using the Alma API (like it works with the primo api)?
So for example, I only know the title of a book and want use the alma api to get de author, public year, isbn and so on…
And the second question:
is it possible to search a book only knowing the barcode (with alma api)?
Thank you very much and best regards,
SimonJanuary 14, 2020 at 6:34 am #64666Tami FuchesModerator
1. The GET BIBs API supports retrieving BIB records based on keys – e.g. based on network numbers (035).
For searching based on title, author etc. we suggest to use the SRU – see https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/sru/ .
2. We have a dedicated API for retrieving an item based on its barcode:
Alma API teamJanuary 14, 2020 at 12:30 pm #64670Gabriele HöflerParticipant
wanted to add that you can fetch titles by barcode via SRU too. Needs the following query-param: “alma.barcode=”
Example of URL-params: version=1.2&operation=searchRetrieve&recordSchema=marcxml&query=alma.barcode=+Z171377605
I wrote a bit of python code for my last job at the ONB Labs that might come in handy:
GabrieleJanuary 20, 2020 at 11:35 am #6471443ACC_UBLParticipant
Thanks for help. SRU works perfect but i have two more questions, please:
1) does anywhere exist a list with the possible queries? Can i search via keyword, …?
2) is there any way to show more than 10 results? e.g. Tag <numberOfRecords> shows 796, but it shows only 10 results?
Thanks and best regards,
SimonJanuary 20, 2020 at 11:43 am #64715Tami FuchesModerator
See documentation of SRU: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/sru/
1. The list of possible indexes is in the “Explain” operation.
2. You can use maximumRecords parameter (value must be 0-50).
TamarJanuary 20, 2020 at 12:07 pm #6471843ACC_UBLParticipant
great, thank you very much 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.