Forum - Trouble retrieving analytics XML via REST

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am having difficulty retrieving analytics reports via the REST API.

I am trying with the API console in the dev center, and also with PHP code on my own server.

I am wondering if it has something to do with how I am presenting the report path?

(Just FYI, I am successfully using the REST API for bibs, so my API key and generate account setup is generally working.)

Here is the response I am currently getting via the API console for the analytics report API:

Response-Status: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
    Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:08:31 GMT
    Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
    p3p: CP="IDC DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT"
    X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
    Content-Type: application/xml;charset=UTF-8
    Connection: close
    Content-Length: 472
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <web_service_result xmlns=”http://com/exlibris/urm/general/xmlbeans”&gt;
    <errorsExist>true</errorsExist>
    <errorList>
    <error>
    <errorCode>INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR</errorCode>
    <errorMessage>Invalid path (%2Fshared%2FUniversity%20of%20Puget%20Sound%2FReports%2FArchives%20and%20Special%20Collections%20-%20New%20in%202014) —
    (Tracking ID: E01-1909160831-OP1OL-AWAE786516885)</errorMessage>
    </error>
    </errorList>
    </web_service_result>

Anonymous
    Inactive

Exact same problem here. Was working 10 days ago but not anymore.
    (Probably unrelated but I’m missing the “Select an application” dropdown from the Analytics “Try it now!” page although a dropdown with my defined application is selectable in the API console for Analytics.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Being a form, the API console does not need to URL-encode the parameters, so if you try path=/shared/University of Puget Sound/Reports/Archives and Special Collections – New in 2014, this should work.

Opher

Anonymous
    Inactive

All is well again for me now, useful to know about not URL encoding the path in the console. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks. Turns out it was an apostrophe in the report name that was causing my error.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    Here at Whitman College, I have same problem access Analytics

https://api-na.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/almaws/v1/analytics/reports?path=/shared/Whitman College/Reports/New Item Report&limit=250&apikey=

I get this error
    access denied for user to path /shared/Whitman College/Reports/New Item Report.
    (Tracking ID: E01-2912180253-EVKQT-AWAE1720371606)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I don’t know which of your applications you’re trying, but I do see that your ‘Sandbox Test’ app is pointed at the guest sandbox environment (which naturally does not have this report).

If you have a sandbox environment, please try pointing your app to it. Otherwise, I suggest pointing it to your production environment.

Opher

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi
    The API Key I am using did pointed to Production server. But now, I saw a different error message

A username and password are being requested by https://api-na.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com. The site says: “Secure Delivery”

They’re asking a username password for “secure delivery”.

Where do I find those username?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    There might be a problem with the setup for 01ALLIANCE_WHITC and if so we apologize for that.
    Please send me the complete URL you are trying to send (including the API-key) and I will investigate it ASAP.
    Thanks,
    Ori Miller
    Alma API Team
    Ori.Miller@exlibrisgroup.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ori,
    It looks like it cured itself. It is working fine now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.