Forum - Use users which only exist in sandbox for local cloudapp

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by Michael Blyckaerts.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Blyckaerts
    Participant

Hello,
    I have some users who only exist on our sandbox environment, or for which theirs access are higher in sandbox.
    And when I try to log in the cloudapp on my localhost with them, they don’t exist, or don’t have enough access.

It seem that it’s based on the users of the production environment.

So, I would like to ask if it is possible to define that I prefer to work with sandbox users somewhere ?

Have a nice day 😉

Josh Weisman
    Keymaster

Hi Michael. Thanks for your question. The environment used by the local server is set in the config.json file. If you set the env property to your sandbox URL (i.e. https://na01-psb.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/institution/01MY_INST) and restart the local server (eca start) it will point to your sandbox Alma

Hope that helps.

Michael Blyckaerts
    Participant

Hello,
    Thank you for your answer 🙂

Actually, I think I’am already using the sandbox url in the config.json
    https://ulb-psb.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/institution/32ULDB_U_INST

Maybe am I wrong ?

Have a nice day,

Josh Weisman
    Keymaster

Hi Michael. That looks right. And in fact, I added a new user to your sandbox just to test that I can run the local environment with that URL, and I was able to log in. So it’s definitely working in the sandbox. Maybe you can also try creating a new user to be sure?

Michael Blyckaerts
    Participant

Thanks for your anwser. I tried with another user and it works, indeed.

The first user was linked to the organisation and need to log in with our central authentication service. The second user was created directly in alma and can log in via in the right way.
    So, I will continue to user alma created user in local env, now I know it 😀

Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.