Forum - X-services insert/update record
- This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
- July 17, 2015 at 9:21 am #34063AnonymousInactive
Hi, I am working at application, to manipulate with update_bor. And I am stuck at message:
When trying auto or update record action
KIS01-180777 check_z303 routine failed. Can not ins/upd record. cur-id KIS01-180777. check_z305 routine failed. Can not ins/upd record. cur-id KIS01-180777. z303-user record
00 01 00 z308-login record
01 01 01 z304-address record
01 00 00 z305-bor record
01 00 00 49GRYJVN6Y438P38DD2MCTC4XCNFJKT6BLUB6FX5X2AMJDCDT1
But with insert record action I got
… Cannot Insert z303. Match found for ID: KIS01-180777 …
XML syntax is used from official documentation, p-file-20 version. Administration won’t allow access log files. The user have read and write privileges.
I have trying fix this random issue now almost week and totally nothing helped.July 22, 2015 at 9:40 am #35581AnonymousInactive
Your question requires a deep look on the configuration on the server, and examining the log.
Also – it requires an examination of the input XML and to see the patron you are trying to update.
Does the input XML – for example – work with p-file-20? Or do you get the same error?
I suggest you to open a case – with all details – and it will be investigated by Support.
Resources Management (Aleph)July 23, 2015 at 6:50 am #35582AnonymousInactive
What ‘<record-action>’ did you use? Is it “A” or “U”?
This might happen when using ‘<record-action>A</record-action>’ (instead of ‘U’) for an existing patron. But that’s just a guess – it must be checked in the server’s log and also try to use on p-file-20 batch and see its’ log.
As I wrote above I suggest you to open a case – with all details – and it will be investigated by Support.
Resources Management (Aleph)July 30, 2015 at 7:01 am #35597AnonymousInactive
I have tried both – A and U but without success. And trying p-file-20 return the same issue. Now I have contacted with administrators to get some information or log files. I think, that they even don’t know what is happening. Now I am waiting on them some weeks. Slow response from them.September 11, 2015 at 11:25 am #35635AnonymousInactive
We also had a “check_z303 routine failed” – error.
We use the bor_info x-service to retrieve borrower data, then update the returned XML and then use update-bor with that XML to save it in aleph. We got the error message even if we did not change a single thing to the XML we retrieved.
After some trial-and-much-error we found out that the z303-birth-date was to blame. Even though when you retrieve it the data format is DD-MM-YYYY (or maybe in your case MM-DD-YYYY), you need to use YYYYMMDD when you do a update-bor.
Hope this helps you or somebody else with this problem.December 17, 2015 at 12:12 pm #35740AnonymousInactive
Thank Lucas for answer. I checked date, and there was already YYYYMMDD format. We have awful support, at last today I got someone from support center, and that guy said, that he don’t know why not working and started rage, that there is documentation. So, we are stuck already more than half year with this issue. I will be glad if someone can share working request examples from different Aleph versions.December 18, 2015 at 1:02 pm #35741AnonymousInactive
We have it working now after some initial problems. We use the X-Services to update/insert persons that are registered in our LDAP system. We are in production and so far it works.
If you have any problems still, you can contact me directly: schaik (at) library (point) leidenuniv (point) nl
Maybe we can benefit from mutual experiences with less than optimal documentation….
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.