Register a Mendeley App
1) Go to http://dev.mendeley.com/myapps.html
2) Login into Mendeley using your credentials, or register as a new user
3) Enter the following 3 parameters in the form
a) Application Name – Any name you wish
b) Description – any description you wish
c) Redirect URL – This is the URL of your Leganto environment with a small addition to it.
Enter the Leganto redirect URL, as follows:
a) Create a Leganto permalink.
b) Copy the base URL up to the word “leganto”.
c) Add “/postMendeley” to the end of this URL.
d) Enter this into “Redirect URL”.
4) Click “Generate secret” and copy the value generated (you will need this value later on)
5) Click Submit. A new row appears for your newly created app.
Copy the application ID (3934 in the example above)
Register Mendeley in Alma
In Alma, go to Leganto customer settings (see here), , and enter the ID and secret from previous stage:
Login to Mendeley from Leganto
Now that you have completed the above steps, your users will be able to see the following, under their “User Settings” ==> “Citation Managers”:
The user can now enter his or her personal credentials and click “Authorize”.
Once authorized, the user will be able to see the “Mendeley” tab when adding citations from Open Collection.
A user can remove his or her credentials by clicking “DELETE MENDELEY KEY”: