The assignments feature supports 2 roles:
(Librarians that access an assignment will be treated as an instructor).
We recommend having 3 user accounts in order to test the feature:
- 2 Students
If you do not already have these 3 accounts you will need to create them as users in both the LMS and in Alma.
Remember that the roles of the users in the assignment feature are determined according to the user roles defined in Alma, so make sure to create these users in Alma with the appropriate roles:
Instructor – A user with the Instructor role (and optionally also with a Patron role). You can also use a librarian account in Alma.
Student – A user with only a Patron role.
Once you have all 3 accounts ready:
- Enter the LMS as an instructor and create a new assignment
- Enter the LMS as student #1, click on the assignment, add annotations and submit the assignment.
- Enter the LMS as student #2, click on the assignment, add annotations and submit the assignment.
- Enter the LMS as an instructor and start grading the assignment
- As an instructor post the grades to the LMS
- Go to LMS and verify grades have been synced correctly