If you wish that the Leganto LTI link will appear in all courses, but disabled from view, do the following:
- Navigate to the Developer Key for Leganto in Canvas and edit it
- Add the Course Navigation placement (if not already added) as instructed on the Developer Network and save the tool settings
- Edit the Developer Key for Leganto again
- Copy all of the Redirect URIs and paste somewhere (save for later)
- Change the Configure Method from Manual Entry to Paste JSON
- Copy the full JSON text and paste to Notepad.
- Note: you may want to save this text somewhere, in case you want to easily undo your changes.
- In Notepad, find the text “placement”: “course_navigation”,
- Add the text:
- Copy the full JSON text from Notepad and paste into Canvas. Save your changes.
- Edit the key one more time, and check the redirect URIs. If necessary, paste the redirect URIs you saved in step 4 above. Save the key.
Now the LTI link to Leganto should appear in all courses, but disabled from view. Instructors will need to click on the course settings, navigate to the Navigation tab, drag the Leganto link up to the enabled section of the course navigation, then click Save.