A Web service for requesting e-product and acquisition information for a certain e-product.
External systems can work with Ask Verde using a direct HTTP link.
Rules of Operation
Ask Verde retrieves e-products according to the following rules:
- Ask Verde retrieves only active e-products.
- If you are working in a consortium and the Verde user has its own search profile, active e-products are retrieved according to the search profile.
- If you are working in a consortium and there is no search profile assigned to the user, Ask Verde retrieves active e-products according to the default search parameters. The default search parameters are as follows:
- For the central instance in the consortium: Managed for all
- For a local instance in the consortium: Searches e-products that the current instance manages for itself as well as those that the central instance manages for the local instance
- For an instance in a multi-instance, non-shared environment: Searches in the current instance
1. j_username – String – Verde staff code
2. j_password – String – Verde staff password
3. admin – boolean (yes/no) – Defines Verde deep link service: Use yes for the Jump to Verde service.
4. ordernumber – String – Purchase Order number, located in the Verde acquisition record
5. ermid – String – Verde acquisition number, located in the Verde acquisition record
6. verdeid – String – Verde e-product code, located in the e-product record
7. sfxid – String – SFX ID, located in the Verde work record
8. issn – String – ISSN, located in the Verde work record
9. eissn – String – EISSN, located in the Verde work record
10. isbn – String – ISBN, located in the Verde work record
11. eisbn – String – eISBN, located in the Verde work record
12. title – String – Title, located in the Verde work record
13. useXSLT – boolean (true/false) –
- If false, the returned data is in XML format
- If true, the returned data is in HTML format after the XML was processed by an inner XSLT
The first 3 fields are mandatory.
One or more of identifier fields (4-12) must be set to match to the Verde e-product.
Input URL Syntax
- e- Product type. Possible values
- e- Product title. Also titles of “parent” e-products as following:
- For e-constituent – e-package and e-interface titles.
- For e-package and e-standalone – e-interface title.
- e- Product code
- Sponsoring library
- Organization code of library contact
- E-Product coverage
- Acquisition status
- Subscription start and end dates
- Subscription type
- Vendor name
- Final price
- Price note
- Price cap
- Price cap period from
- Price cap period to
- Pricing model
- Consortial agreement
- Print cancellation restriction
Local acquisition fields:
- Cost share
- Cost share note
- Start date
- End date
- Archiving rights
- termination right
- Bibliographic identifiers (ISSN, e-ISSN, ISBN, e-ISBN)